Obituaries appearing in the Feb. 3, 2004, Tomahawk Leader:
- Ralph David "Dave" Pennings, 74, New Richmond, born in Tomahawk, owned and operated Mosinee Pharmacy, founded over-the-counter pharmaceutical company called Vitacorp, worked as pharmacist at K-Mart and worked in Wausau, later with Pamida, retired 2002 (1/27/04).
- Lorraine A. Weizenicker, 73, Tomahawk, lived in Tomahawk all life, known for tailoring and altering skills, (1/28/04).
- Mary Ann Zillman, 65, formerly of Tomahawk, (1/29/04).
- Eli Morren Sr., 72, Cudahy, born in Tomahawk, worked at Ladish Co. in Cudahy for 35 years (1/19/04).
- Richard "Duke" Larkin, 62, Tomahawk, worked at Lincoln Hills School as teacher, later as parole officer at Department of Corrections, retired 2000 (2/3/04; funeral 2/6/04).
- Marion R. Siesennop, 75, Tomahawk, (2/4/04; funeral 2/8/04).
Obituaries appearing in the Feb. 17, 2004, Tomahawk Leader:
- Victor P. Haring, 68, Tomahawk, employed as Combined Insurance salesman for 20-plus years (2/9/04).
- Gretta M. Fehrman, 98, Tripoli, farmed in Tripoli area in 1930s and 1940s, moved to Waukesha, returned to Tripoli after retirement in 1971 (2/11/04).
- Shirley Faye Korst, 71, Tripoli, medical administrator many years before retiring to her Northwoods lakeside home (2/5/04). *Corinne M. Orcelletto, 81, Manitowoc, formerly of Tomahawk, moved to Tomahawk area in 1953 (2/9/04).
- Warren H. Gillie, 83, Sierra Vista, Ariz., traveled worldwide while serving his country, lived in New Mexico, retiring from White Sands Missile Range (1/16/04).
- Loretta T. Rauchle, 65, Ogema, moved to Tomahawk in 1978 (2/12/04).
- Martha "Polly" Collette, 88, Lancaster, formerly of Tomahawk, lived in Tomahawk 1946-2003 (2/13/04; funeral 2/20/04).
- Alfred Goldson, MD, new radiation oncologist with Ministry Medical Group-Rhinelander (2/7/04).
- Edward R. Knipfer, 59, Tomahawk, served in U.S. Navy 20 years, worked Harley-Davidson 16 years (2/15/04; funeral 2/19/04).
- George M. Engelhard, 78, Tripoli, resident of Tripoli since 1986 (2/15/04).
Obituaries appearing in the March 23, 2004, Tomahawk Leader:
- Holly Brunker, 44, Tripoli, enrolled in the Nicolet College nursing program (3/15/04).
- Harold W. Luse, 80, Tomahawk, heavy equipment operator with Owens-Illinois for 39 years, retiring in 1985 (3/21/04; funeral March 27; memorials suggested to Grace Lutheran Church building fund).
- Shirley Wilson, 64, Tomahawk, formerly worked at Motorola in Chicago and in the kitchen at Riverview Rehab and Care Center and Four Seasons Motel (3/17/04).
- Dolores A. Strahota, 72, Tomahawk, certified nursing assistant at Riverview Rehab and Care Center for 16 years (3/14/04).
- Sydney E. "Syd" Johnson, 56, Woodridge, Ill., formerly of Tomahawk and Wausau (3/15/04).
- Mabelle F. (Blum) Miller, 92, Whitefish Bay, formerly of Tomahawk (3/1/04).
- Anna Mae Henrichs, 79, Merrill (3/20/04; funeral 3/28/04; memorials suggested to American Cancer Society).
- Rita Eide Parent, 80, Phillips (3/32/04).
Obituaries appearing in the March 30, 2004, Tomahawk Leader:
- Merlyn X. Smith, 81, 25-year Tomahawk resident who had just moved to Janesville, had owned Point O'Pines Sign Co. (3/26/04).
- Ivan D. Fry, 80, Tomahawk, had farmed in Auburndale and worked at Tomahawk Boat Factory, welder at Owens-Illinois for 30 years (3/27/04).
- Anna Mae Henrichs, 79, Merrill, (2/30/04).
- Adeline E. "Addy" Nienow, 87, Merrill, a homemaker whose family had a cottage on Lake Nokomis (3/24/04).
- Harriette B. Jones, 84, Tomahawk, cooked in various restaurants in Tomahawk area, worked for Dr. Al Stahmer for more than 30 years, cooked at Sacred Heart Hospital for 6 years, dietary manager at Riverview Terrace Nursing Home 13 years (3/27/04).
- Mercedes "Billie" Grygo, 90, Tomahawk, worked for Egan Machinery in Bound Brook, N.J., moved to Tomahawk in 1973, she and husband, Joe, owned Southside Liquor in Tomahawk for three years (3/13/04).
- Charles B. "Chuck" Voigt, 72, Weston, fireman on Milwaukee Railroad and meter reader for Wisconsin Public Service for 37 years (3/26/04).
- Rita Eide Parent, 80 (3/21/04).
- Catherine Rusnak, 93, Buffalo Grove, Ill, ties to Tomahawk (3/25/7/04).
Obituaries appearing in the May 11, 2004, Tomahawk Leader:
- Evelyn J. Seslar, 77, Tomahawk, employed by Bohmsach's Gift Box and Northbay Fashions, retiring in 1990 (5/3/04).
- Elaine Barnetzke, 69, Wausau, long-time Realtor, enjoyed cabin on Somo Lake in Tomahawk (5/7/04; funeral 5/15/04).
- Agnes F. Nitz, 87, Tomahawk, former employee of Saint Mary's Hospital (5/1/04).
- Ronald E. Eggebrecht, 66, Wausau and Tomahawk, retired from Weyerhauser Paper Mill, Rothschild (5/8/04).
- Mildred M. Nehls, 93, Tomahawk, worked for Chippewa falls Telephone Co. for 37 years (5/2/04). Arriving after publication:
- John (Jake) A. Schaffer, 81, Tomahawk, member of International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers 494 for 58 years, retired to Tomahawk area in 1981 (5/11/04; funeral 5/14/04).
- Daniel George "Birky" Birkenstock, 63, Leesburg, Fla., formerly of Tomahawk, worked for J.I. Case Co. for 30 years, became self-employed truck driver after retiring (5/7/04).
Obituaries appearing in the June 1, 2004, Tomahawk Leader:
- Eulene "Lu" Jorgensen, 76, Tomahawk, worked at Marathon Electric Factory and as dairy farmer, woodcutter, cattle rancher, in riding stables and road construction, as a cook, scale shake operator, waitress and dishwasher. (5/28/04; memorial service 6/5/04, Tomahawk).
- Esther T. Laine, 94, Tomahawk, cook at Tripoli School, retiring in 1976 as head cook after 25 years (5/24/04).
- Theresa M. Bushey, 76, Tomahawk, she and husband, Robert, formerly owned Indian Point Resort (5/28/04; memorial service 6/4/04, Pier-Willow)
- Robert E. Loring, 63, Colbert, Ga., was realtor with Town and Country, employed 17 years with Bankers Life & Casualty Co. Chicago, (5/21/04).
- Albert Radtke, 54, Middleton, (4/29/04; services 6/5/04, Spirit Falls).
- Kathleen Rosemary Raleigh, 58, McCormick, S.C., spent childhood in Brantwood-Tripoli area (3/17/04; memorial service 6/12/04, Prentice). Arriving after publication:
- Milton Edward Bishop, 86, Woodruff, worked for Tomahawk paper mill and Highland Egg Farm, managed Sprucehaven Egg Farm in Hazelhurst after military service, bartended, operated Milt and Louise's Bar in Woodruff and worked for guiding company in Canada (6/1/04; funeral Mass 6/4/04).
Obituaries appearing in the June 15, 2004, Tomahawk Leader:
- Herbert "Herb" E. Shellberg Jr., 73, Tomahawk, worked 35 years in Chicago as installer then supervisor for Illinois-Bell Telephone Co, retiring 1985 (6/10/04).
- Marion Kluball, 80, Valdosta, Ga., summer home in Tomahawk (6/8/04; memorials suggested to Grace Lutheran Church Building Fund).
- Rev. Arthur Gustafson, 91, worked First National Bank in Chicago 10 years before entering U.S. Army Air Corps Special Unit in 1942, went to North Park Theological Seminary in 1948, pastor at Immanuel Ev. Covenant Church, Merrill, and Evangelical Covanent Church, Tomahawk, logged more than 13,000 hours flying time (11/26/03; time of remembrance 6/20/04 at Lindstrom home, Merrill).
- Lori J. Clark, 41, Wausau, born in Merrill, employed Metal Industries and Lincoln Wood Products (6/4/04).
- Hayden Hedstrom, 22 days old (6/8/04).
- Caroline Richey, 83, Tomahawk, formerly of Wausau, a homemaker (6/6/04).
- Esther T. Laine, 94, Tomahawk, (5/24/04; memorial service 6/21/04, Krueger & Sons Funeral Home).
Obituaries appearing in the June 29, 2004, Tomahawk Leader:
- Dusalina "Sally" Gustafson, 94, Tomahawk, worked at Joe Rossi's store on "the hill" and known as "Dusalina with the Concertina" at social events in Iron County. (6/19/04).
- Emily S. Mitchell, 89, formerly of Marathon, 1933 Tomahawk High School graduate (6/17/04).
- Barry G. Hanson, 51, Tomahawk, employed by Owens-Illinois for three years, City of Tomahawk Street Department 27 years, retiring in 2002 (6/25/04; memorial gathering 11 a.m. July 1 at SARA Park).
- Arvin "Obo" Copiskey, 72, Tomahawk, worked Tomahawk Police Department 1959-70, Tomahawk Water Department 1970-retirement in 1994, member of Tomahawk Fire Department 20 years (6/28/04; services 7/1/04). Arriving after publication:
- Edna M. LaVoy, 90, Tomahawk, formerly employed by Fenlon Hotel, Rhinelander, Mercy Hospital, Janesville, moved to Tomahawk in 1978 (6/27/04; funeral 7/1/04; memorials to Northwoods Serenity Alzheimer's Unit at Golden Age Rehab and Care Center, Tomahawk.
Obituaries appearing in the July 13, 2004, Tomahawk Leader:
- Herbert G. Conant, 90, Tomahawk, employed by Master Electric, started Herb's Electric in 1957, retiring in 1977 (7/11/04; funeral 7/14/04).
- Margaret "Peggy" VanRyen, 84, lived in Parrish area all her life, known for quilts and gladiola gardens (7/9/04).
- John D. Gordon, 82, employed by Coca-Cola in Wausau many years, retiring in 1980 (7/2/04).
- Alyce N. Clark, 95, Prairie Grove, Ark. (6/26/04).
- Kermit D. Crass, 46, Tomahawk (6/29/04).
Obituaries appearing in the July 27, 2004, Tomahawk Leader: Arriving after publication:
- Sue A. Day-Winkleman, 45, Merrill, homemaker (7/18/04).
- Everett N. Lokken, 63, in Chicago, born in Tomahawk, Air Force veteran (7/19/04).
- Ronald "Ron" Tushoski, 56, Tomahawk (7/19/04).
- Evelyn Haig Kundo, 74, Medical Lake, Wash., long-time resident of Merrill, dairy farmer, factory worker (6/29/04).
- Florence Schoenfeld, 99, Wausau, Realtor in Wausau many years (7/22/04; memorials to NCHCF "C" Unit, 1100 Lake View Dr., Wausau, WI 54403).
- Margaret M. Collier, 87, Rice Lake, former resident of Prentice-Phillips area, farmed in Farmington area, homemaker (7/16/04).
- Jacob "Jake" Schmidtbauer Jr., 79, Tomahawk, life-long resident, worked for Owens-Illinois paper mill many years, retiring in 1980 (7/18/04).
- Alexander "Ajax" P. Slowikowski, 56, Rhinelander, worked for Elroy Nelson, Lionel's Small Engineer, purchased business in 1980s and renamed it Ajax Small Engine (7/17/04, memorial fund established in his name).